Project Zomboid

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
priest865
001 Subscriber

Project Zomboid

Postby priest865 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Just found out about quite a cool game. Basically it is about surviving a Zombie Apocalypse. At the moment it is in its Alpha status but you can download a free "pre-alpha-demo". It already has quite some features like barricading buildings, crafting system, needs like hunger and food. The controls are a bit weird but its fun.
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

SBG
001 Subscriber

Re: Project Zomboid

Postby SBG » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:14 am

I just played it for a few hours and I must say... that was the greatest thing I've ever played. I can't even begin to describe how amazing this game is. It is everything a survival horror rpg should be, and so much more. And that was only a pre-alpha?

Very inspirational to say the least. I don't care if you despise zombie games, everyone needs to play this. Despite it's bugs, difficulty, and it's earlyhood, it is perfect in my opinion. Whoever created this game is a genius.

Seriously, if you are into Minecraft for the survival aspects, you NEED to play this game. It makes Minecraft look like Pong as far as survival goes.

I managed to survive for 4 days and 8 hours, got my wife to stop bleeding and start healing, got a stockpile of ammo, and killed about 100 zombies that tried to break into my house, but in the end I got cornered by about 30 zombies while I was scavenging through an apartment. I thought I was safe behind a few doors, but they busted in through the window and I didn't stand a chance.

priest865
001 Subscriber

Postby priest865 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 am

Yes, it is still at the pre-alpha stage. But the developer wants to make it a browser game which should be even possible to play with four friends online. In the next version it is going to be possible to choose a background story for your character. Can't wait for the next public demo. :) On my first playthrough I died after the first day I think.

Tip: Don't use the gun. The noise draws the attention of more zombies.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 am

I didn't like it because in the beginning it's a completely static two options, one you die one you don't. If it's made into a survival game, I could defiantly go for it, but right now it's an RPG.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Is it free? :)
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

priest865
001 Subscriber

Postby priest865 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Deedasmi wrote:I didn't like it because in the beginning it's a completely static two options, one you die one you don't. If it's made into a survival game, I could defiantly go for it, but right now it's an RPG.

At the beginning i did not like the controls. But then I read some tipps in the forum of the game... so I decided to give it a second try. It is really one of the best games I played lately even though it is impossible to survive at some point.

Adam wrote:Is it free? :)

The pre alpha is free. And they also stated when its finished it also going to be completely free as a browser game.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:39 pm

That's what I did. I was like WTF at first. I didn't get the controls or the best way to go about things, but then I gave it another shot and loved it.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:35 pm

[youtube]abo-q8VveyM&feature=related[/youtube]

Best video commentary in the world. Period. xD
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

priest865
001 Subscriber

Postby priest865 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:31 am

This guy is crazy :shock:

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:43 am

And that's only part one! :lol:
It also has no oxygen

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 am

I can't wait to play the full version of this game! :D

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Bamp.

I just bought this game. Is nice. I like.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 am

I am using this as inspiration for my game. Downloading now...

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Location: I either live in eastern North Carolina, or I am a very, very lost person.

Postby tower07 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Just one question,
Is there any objective content in this game besides smashing zombies to parts?

Just asking cause I don't wanna put something like that on my computer, if it does.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:55 pm

The objective is to stay alive for as long as possible. Killing zombies isn't even a goal. Actually you do best to stay away from zombies.

You have to eat, drink and keep your sanity to stay alive. You can starve, dehydrate, and even kill yourself from going insane. Not to mention injuries that you have to take care of. There's a nice crafting system that you use to take care of a lot of things.

There's lots of skills, like carpentry which allows you to build your own shelter. Also a lot of other nuances that make the game so much fun, like if you are running inside of a house, nearby zombies will notice and break into the house you're in, you have to board the windows up so zombies don't see you

The game gets harder as you go too. The power company shuts down, the water stops working, and even more zombies start pouring in from nearby towns.

It's pure sandbox but there will be storylines eventually, and I think there already are storyline mods.

Return to General Discussion