War Zone 1

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Joshua8128
001 Supporter

War Zone 1

Postby Joshua8128 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:19 pm

You are walking in town. BOOM Some one next to you dies! What is going on!?!!?!?? The Russians are attacking!
You need to take a desert eagle and make it through a 3 map place to get to the mid base! There, they give you health and guns. Then, back to war! Go through to get back home! Then, you win!
Please, this is an original so please don't copy story line. This is taking place in about 1980's.
Starwars: the sith survives:

/ /////////

C0c1
001 Forum Master

Re: War Zone 1

Postby C0c1 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:22 pm

ok so its a short game? Can you give more detail/screens?
I'm Back! :D

Add me on xbox dalek124

Games:
Life As A Kid IIIIIIIIII 5%

Joshua8128
001 Supporter

Postby Joshua8128 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:15 am

um Ill try...
Starwars: the sith survives:

/ /////////

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:56 pm

oh cmon! it's not THAT original, I'd say it's very cold warish cliche :P you should make something more unique to your game

any screenies?

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:03 am

Joshua8128 wrote:You are walking in town. BOOM Some one next to you dies! What is going on!?!!?!?? The Russians are attacking!
You need to take a desert eagle and make it through a 3 map place to get to the mid base! There, they give you health and guns. Then, back to war! Go through to get back home! Then, you win!
Please, this is an original so please don't copy story line. This is taking place in about 1980's.

To be frank, the storyline is VERY VERY cheesy.
It's like... OMG Russians! I'll take my desert eagle, go back to base, go to war, then go home and yay! I win.
My response was: What. The. Hell.
Okay, here's a tip for writing storylines. Put yourself in the character's shoes. Add some dramatic effects and twists in the storyline to make it less cliched.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Wolf mpg
001 Enthusiast

Postby Wolf mpg » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:27 pm

I agrre with all of them. i really didn't even get the storyline. i know its like your first game and all but next time give ita plot you can understand. i suggest to learn a little more about once branches and scripting for further games
Wolf is me of MPG.

My post may contain spellin erurs cuz im lazy

my website: http://magicpotatogames.net/

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:12 am

Add more detail. No screenshots and a cheesy storyline (to be frank) doesn't say much about your game.
And in a synopsis of a game, you don't say 'You win!' Let them find out how to win themselves; you're making it seem like your game is too easy.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Return to Games In Progress