What do you guys think about Gossip?

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
DanielQP
001 Admirer

What do you guys think about Gossip?

Postby DanielQP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:54 am

Yeah I have to make a composition about Gossip for tomorrow in English, Turns Out I have no idea what to write after the second line T_T
Some one have any ideas? :p

Edit - That is what I could do so far:

What do you think about gossip?

Honestly? Depends, I don't like gossip when it is about me of course but, there are different kind of gossip that I know, for example if it about something good that happens with our friends it is cool right? My friend bob got married last year and it was a surprise for me, I have spoken about him to other friends, "good stuff" you know? Like what he would do after his wedding ceremony with his wife... those kinds of stuff. I don't believe he would be angry with me just because of that, actually I believe he would tell us what happened, so my point is that some kinda of gossip are not bad at all but other ones are really bad.

Two month after the wedding of my friend bob he and his wife were fighting a lot and peoples were talking trash about him behind his back, I heard that and I got really angry with those peoples, Turns out she broke up with him and now she is living with her mother, all because a bunch of lies that peoples were talking about them.

Bob never did anything wrong for her wife but that is what happens when people do gossip, So if you don't want what happened to bob also happens to you or someone else, do never gossip unless you are doing a good think, not like what bob did after his marriage almost ended.

And what happens to bob? He discovered who was talking trash to her wife, it was a freaking neighbor, Jack, that likes of bob's wife, So Bob decided to get revenge on jack in the same way, bob knew that jack wasn't faithful for his wife, so bob started follow jack to everywhere all the time, day after day, for 3 long days, on a Saturday night bob saw jack getting into a club, a bad club where people get drunk and have sex on the table, for bob it was like a big flower garden when he saw it, he took some photos in his cell phone and came back to home, in the next day at the morning, everyone in the neighborhood heard a big fight in the jack's house, yeah, jack's family had finished forever, and everyone was doing gossip about them, well I have to say you guys that I really enjoyed that last gossip, it's not cool I know but bob was just a victim of all this, and Now I feel good for him, After 1 month he was living with his wife again... :>

The end

But I think it is too small lol :p
"Programadores passam 50% do seu tempo corrigindo bugs. Os outros 50% são gastos criando eles."
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Re: AW: What do you guys think about Gossip?

Postby kerub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:47 am

I don't know. Some songs are decent, but Beth Ditto looks really awkward usually...

Haha, no really. Gossip can be really annoying, though I think most if not all people participated in spreading gossip or at least talking stuff about people behind their backs. That's just a part of society, especially with younger and/or narrow minded folks. There's a song from the German rock band Die Ärzte, called "Lasse Reden" (Let 'em talk). One line goes "Lass die Leute reden und hör ihnen nicht zu, die meisten Leute haben ja nichts besseres zu tun.", which kinda translates to "Let the people talk and just don't listen, most people just got nothing better to do." I think this is kind of appropriate as a lot of people sadly don't have anything better to do in their boring lives than talking shit about other people.

And yes, sometimes people talk positive gossip. Still, the general problem with gossip is that it is mostly not based on facts but rather on rumors, lies, prejudices and false conclusions. Thus, even positive gossip can turn out equally awkward for the person concerned. Imagine people were talking about how you saved some old woman's life or you won a million dollar price for fighting cancer. People that believe in gossip will probably treat you like a hero and ask questions. I would not like that. :D

Concerning your text: It's a neat story, however I don't think countering gossip with spreading gossip about other people isn't the right way. This will just lead to even more gossip and eventually could lead to downright hostility between both parties.

The simplest way is to just ignore people that spread gossip. Your friends and especially your partner should know you better and shouldn't have a reason to believe such gossip. And if they are concerned about it, they should just talk to you about that. Friends and beloved ones that let gossip ruin your relationship with them aren't worth it anyway.

DanielQP
001 Admirer

Re: AW: What do you guys think about Gossip?

Postby DanielQP » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:00 am

You gave to me a bunch of good ideas that I can use...

I agree with you, it would probably lead even more..
I'm really sucks in this stuff, i'll try make some changes for today thx - kerub =)
"Programadores passam 50% do seu tempo corrigindo bugs. Os outros 50% são gastos criando eles."
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

Return to General Discussion