Unable to load my game

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Unable to load my game

Postby Zwitfire » Sat May 20, 2017 12:06 pm

In many occassions, and mostly when loading the project from the beginning it becomes stuck. Testing the game through the main screen causes the loading screen to become permanently stuck on ''generating lighting''. Testing on a specific point in the game still works. This also applies to smaller projects.

After a while of testing, I think I have found the problem. It is happening with Lights. When a light is for example turned off, the game freezes for a bit (also in small projects). Maybe this could also be the reason why the loading screen crashes on ''generating lighting''.
Everything is possible. As long as you believe in your goals, everything can be accomplished.
Jake's Destiny - The Boy Who Became A Hero
http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22617

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Unable to load my game

Postby Mr.Numbers » Sun May 21, 2017 3:16 am

If you could provide a simple testing project that replicates the issue, then send a bug report with exact instructions on replicating the issue that would be great!
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Postby Zwitfire » Sun May 21, 2017 7:05 am

I tried, but whenever i try to upload a bug report it says my internet isnt compatible

I honestly tried every possible way to upload a bug report, but every attempt just says my internet is incompatible with this site. Yet I do have very high priority with this bug report as I cannot load my game anymore.
Last edited by Zwitfire on Sun May 21, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Everything is possible. As long as you believe in your goals, everything can be accomplished.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon May 22, 2017 12:50 am

Aiight, can you upload a .zip of the project to dropbox then send me a PM with the link? Then I can forward it to Mike if I can reproduce your issue! So all I need to do is run a "Test Game" and the game will forever hang on the loading screen correct?
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Postby Zwitfire » Mon May 22, 2017 2:39 am

Cool, I will upload it now and give you a PM once it's finished doing so. Well I managed to set up a better scenario. Quite surely the long loading time is caused by lights and I set up a course of events that will show major lags on lights.

Return to Technical Support Questions