How to Publish Game?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
vaderandlobster

How to Publish Game?

Postby vaderandlobster » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:21 pm

How do I publish a game? I am making a game for miniludum dare and I am not a subscriber, when I make the game bigger and have fans and stuff I will subscribe so I can charge but can I publish it for free as a file for now? Thanks!
once I got mad at engine001 so I decided to use game maker, thats when I realized how good engine001 really is.

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: How to Publish Game?

Postby JimmySterylian » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Well first off...to sell, monetize, market your games, you need to purchase an 001 subscription or buy the Steam version, both of which include the license to sell your games and content.

However, if you would like to share your games for free, you can do that as much as you want.

vaderandlobster

Re: How to Publish Game?

Postby vaderandlobster » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:09 pm

JimmySterylian wrote:Well first off...to sell, monetize, market your games, you need to purchase an 001 subscription or buy the Steam version, both of which include the license to sell your games and content.

However, if you would like to share your games for free, you can do that as much as you want.

Thanks! I figured it out! MiniLudumdare!
once I got mad at engine001 so I decided to use game maker, thats when I realized how good engine001 really is.

Return to Technical Support Questions