FOOT STEP SOUNDS on NPCs or Enemies????

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
SabenStudios
001 Subscriber

FOOT STEP SOUNDS on NPCs or Enemies????

Postby SabenStudios » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Anyone have any idea on how I would go about implementing the sound of foot steps on an NPC or Enemy in my game? I kind of figured out how to do it with the playable character by adding music (that being the looped foot steps) when your character is pressing one of the arrow keys down to walk, and then turning off the specific song when you release said arrow key.

So please if anyone can help me figure this out, or even tell me a better way to use the footsteps on the playable character let me know. Thank you

Shingu
001 Supporter

Re: FOOT STEP SOUNDS on NPCs or Enemies????

Postby Shingu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:14 am

If your sound is short it does not need to be stopped when you release the button...
And it may be repeated in some frequency while holding the button...
The sound of a single step by example.

On rule of NPC/Enemies the sound can happen while it moves, like these examples in a "while" in "triggers" of the target actor:

SabenStudios
001 Subscriber

Postby SabenStudios » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:19 pm

Oh that makes much more sense. Thanks so much!!

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:42 am

awsome idea, i never figured outhow to do that

Return to Technical Support Questions