I'm leaving forever...

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
Adam
001 Forum Master

I'm leaving forever...

Postby Adam » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Ok, guys this has been an awesome experience for me and I gained a lot of new friends, but I'm afraid I must move on :(
I'm canceling all of my projects and leaving the forums forever, but After a while I may give this account to my sister Una ( She is very creative and helpful, just like Serra...).
It's just to hard for me. Sure, I may be good at drawing resources, but I really suck at scripting and things like that.
I just don't have it what it takes to build a good game (Patience, for instance). I'm not that smart and creative, so yeah. I guess it's better to give up :?
....Goodbye...:cry:
And if any of you people want to contact me, my Skype nickname is lerena63 and Cepums :)

Dragon142 (Shadowmage)
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

sinjin48
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: I'm leaving forever...

Postby sinjin48 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:18 pm

NOOO! :(
You can improve your scripting, easy enough, just set down and fiddle with the events!
Of course your smart and creative! You would not have lasted this long with 001 if you wern`t!
Well, I can under stand not haveing much patience, I my self don`t have much patience (I`m supprised I had enough to add grammer to this post) Just take breaks often and work at it anyways, the game might appeal after a while :) .
Any ways, I hope you realize how stun a decision leaveing was and come back.
:(
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:22 pm

That's why people make teams my friend. ;)
Nobody has it all down and perfected. We all have our weak spots.

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Yeah, don't go! Especially forever~! I would miss you long time! :[

Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Ammohead » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:34 pm

No No No No! *throws a desk over!*
Na just playin but, man don't leave its fun talking to you. Hey art take practice. Please think about it man, Please... :cry: *gets in a bad mood.*
"Life can get hard, but what I've learned is that, it gets better...Far better. Fall down, become wounded, and you'll be immune to the next situation. Hardtimes are like a pistol, you throw out one and another is right back in the chamber" -Timmy (Ammo)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:56 am

Zhuge wrote:That's why people make teams my friend. ;)

My good friend, I am not a flawless individual. I have my weaknesses too; I can't design proper graphics without ripping, I can't script very well, and worst of all, like you, I am not a patient person. The only reason why I have not left so far is because I strive to be better than what I am today. Creating games does not only rely on skill, but perseverance, and the key to it is to be your best regardless of what others have done. I could've left any time I wanted. In fact, in one case, I was this close to it too.

But the most important thing is, we are here. Forum members. Your online friends. Have we ever tried to hurt you or harm you, much less sabotage your game creation? Contrary to that, we have aided you, and even when there are flaws, we always try to correct each other. Sure, sometimes there may be disputes, but frankly, we care. We may not have graphics comparable to that of Lucifiend or Metomunc, nor script language calibre as that of Deeds or Numbers, but we all try.

Don't leave us because of imperfection, mate. Anyone can make a good game. It's just a matter of whether you believe in yourself, and whether you can unlock your full potential.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:43 am

MIV wrote:
Zhuge wrote:That's why people make teams my friend. ;)

My good friend, I am not a flawless individual. I have my weaknesses too; I can't design proper graphics without ripping, I can't script very well, and worst of all, like you, I am not a patient person. The only reason why I have not left so far is because I strive to be better than what I am today. Creating games does not only rely on skill, but perseverance, and the key to it is to be your best regardless of what others have done. I could've left any time I wanted. In fact, in one case, I was this close to it too.

But the most important thing is, we are here. Forum members. Your online friends. Have we ever tried to hurt you or harm you, much less sabotage your game creation? Contrary to that, we have aided you, and even when there are flaws, we always try to correct each other. Sure, sometimes there may be disputes, but frankly, we care. We may not have graphics comparable to that of Lucifiend or Metomunc, nor script language calibre as that of Deeds or Numbers, but we all try.

Don't leave us because of imperfection, mate. Anyone can make a good game. It's just a matter of whether you believe in yourself, and whether you can unlock your full potential.

*Standing ovation* well put MIV. Honestly I really don't think any of us are perfect in the use of this, heck I tend to be side tracked from completing a game, or even a suitable demo. As of current all my game projects are on hold, but Do as I do, spend your time, instead of making games, browse these forums, offer help to those who can't figure it out with what you know, Chat it up with those who come in and post randomly in the random thread, or just DL and play games. It's not like someone is holding you down and making you build a 001 game, a good break from the game making is all that you need.

When I first started I told myself that I will produce a high quality game, and went to work, my first attempt was short of a rt. 1 or 2 at best, but as I learned more and visited these forums I found out so much and my production quality improved. Now I believe with all the help and inspiration from those who came before me I can produce a "featured" quality game. I still cannot for the life of me figure out how to create fancy features. I know though with research and luck, I can find what I need to know. The point of this story is that all of us at one point were like myself, even to the point of tossing the pc/laptop against a solid surface. If you are struggling just ask, I'm sure out of 2900+ users with less than 50 active there is somebody somewhere who can tell you exactly what you need. So come along, I'll buy you a bee... er uh... soda, stick it out a bit longer. ;)
Pure Randomness!
New Website:VeSaban Entertainment Games
new and fresh... all about creating indie games from video games to pen and paper games.....
all coded in php by one person... now is ready for users to come along and try the boring old site..:D
well decide fer yourself... suggestions wanted

Predator King
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Predator King » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 am

Come on, man! Don't leave! :cry: We all have problems!

Hell, I completely lack dedication to make games, I can't sprite at all, my games are usually bloated. In all my time here I haven't even released one game. This forum is about more than just making games, it's about having fun and making friends.

Well, if I have to say it, goodbye, my old friend. I will fondly remember our time together.
I am bacon.

Fry me in grease and put me on a plate covered in paper towels when you're ready to serve.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks guys. I changed my mind about leaving the forums :) , but I already deleted all of my old projects :( (Quest for the shadowmoon, Street crime unit 001 and Prince of Persia 2D)
Should I restart? :?
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

sinjin48
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby sinjin48 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 am

YEES! :D
Restarting is completly up to you, did you like the ideas? :)
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ves75
001 Fanatic

Postby ves75 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:28 pm

yeah... take your time and get help when needed.....
Pure Randomness!
New Website:VeSaban Entertainment Games
new and fresh... all about creating indie games from video games to pen and paper games.....
all coded in php by one person... now is ready for users to come along and try the boring old site..:D
well decide fer yourself... suggestions wanted

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks again, I really appreciate this. I will start with a new ''quest to the shadowmoon'' ;)
Anyways, see ya' soon my bredas', It will take me quite a while to restore my project, enthusiasm and forum avatar :lol:
It also has no oxygen

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Restarting over is a step to recovering and becoming stronger. :]

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:46 pm

If you found those projects pretty good, do them over, by all means. We're always here to help.
If not, you can probably pick up some good ideas sooner or later.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye