Page 1 of 1

Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:15 pm
by Danny
In the map properties where you select the maps music the music only plays once while testing after that just silence. Seems the music won't loop. How do i make it loop?

Edit: Seems i was wrong it does play again however there is a 30 second silence after the song ends before it plays again. How do i fix this?

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:38 pm
by fma_lvr
I've noticed this as well. Forcing it to play with a script would restart the song, but it used to loop automatically when selected through map settings. I think this is a bug, though.

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 am
by Lee
This isn't happening in-game right? Just the preview inside the editor? - In which case, this isn't a bug. This was changed to fix a looping glitch that was reported not too long ago (I believe Danny initially reported that issue). If it's not properly looping in-game though, then that's an issue that needs to be looked into.

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 pm
by fma_lvr
Oh, in-game, definitely; I haven't even been able to play music inside the editor for at least a year.

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:50 am
by Danny
Lee wrote:This isn't happening in-game right? Just the preview inside the editor? - In which case, this isn't a bug. This was changed to fix a looping glitch that was reported not too long ago (I believe Danny initially reported that issue). If it's not properly looping in-game though, then that's an issue that needs to be looked into.


Hey sorry for the delay been a little busy. I just got round to testing my game and the music plays fine when the player enters the map but once the music as finished playing it fails to loop and you have to wait around 2-3 minutes for it to start again and sometimes but only rarely fails to play again at all. This is while testing from a built version and not within GGMaker.

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:38 am
by Lee
Can either of you (or both of you) send a bug report for this so I can look into it?

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:51 am
by Danny
Lee wrote:Can either of you (or both of you) send a bug report for this so I can look into it?


Bug Report Sent

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 pm
by Lee
Thanks Danny. I see what you mean...It does loop but after 2-3 minutes of waiting which is a little strange. I've approved the bug report ;).

Re: Map Music won't loop after first play

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:50 pm
by Danny
Lee wrote:Thanks Danny. I see what you mean...It does loop but after 2-3 minutes of waiting which is a little strange. I've approved the bug report ;).


It's not a huge issue but certainly something that needs fixing at some point. Glad to have helped. :D