Lights don't work

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Turiam

Lights don't work

Postby Turiam » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:40 am

Hi, I am using the Steam version and when I place a light it doesn't work. I would like to know what I can do to make it work again.
Cumps

Turiam

Lee
001 Support

Re: Lights don't work

Postby Lee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:39 am

Can you try enabling the "Use stable lighting" option in Legacy Settings and letting us know if that resolves your issue?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Turiam

Postby Turiam » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 am

Lee wrote:Can you try enabling the "Use stable lighting" option in Legacy Settings and letting us know if that resolves your issue?

It solved the issue, thanks. :) But do you know why this happens? I didn't had that option enabled before in the free version and lights worked well.
Cumps

Turiam

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:48 pm

More than likely a hardware issue. What are your specs? Same as in your profile?

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:17 am

As SBG has pointed out, it's most likely a hardware issue. Mike has changed the next version so that the engine automatically enables legacy lighting if the user's hardware cannot support lights properly. Hopefully this won't be an issue when the next version is released :).
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Turiam

Postby Turiam » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 am

SBG wrote:More than likely a hardware issue. What are your specs? Same as in your profile?

My specs are the ones in my profile. It might be some update of the graphics I have to do? I really don't know because before it worked without selecting the legacy lighting.
Cumps

Turiam

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:53 pm

There may be instances where it will actually work and instances where it won't work. We've narrowed down the requirements to be a bit tighter so that only hardware that fully supports the lighting system will take advantage of it in the coming version so the experience is more consistent overall for everyone.

Return to Technical Support Questions