collide solid not work

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Dempski77

collide solid not work

Postby Dempski77 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:26 am

I have a trigger in a actor that is a bullet and I have used the actor trigger collided with solid that says trigger when the actor collides with something solid but it only seems to work if it collides with solid actor but will not work if it collides with solid tileset

please can someone help me

i tried to bump my old topic but there was no bump options and i made the topic 24 days ago and no one replied
Last edited by Dempski77 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

evs
001 Admirer

Re: collide solid not work

Postby evs » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:43 pm

so your trying to get it to stop when it hits a wall is it? .. and its just sailing on through?

dragonnutds
001 Subscriber

Postby dragonnutds » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:10 am

no, the collide with solid trigger dose not trigger if it hits a tileset collision. only when it hits a actor dose the trigger, well.. trigger.
lets say the actor's collide with solid trigger is set up to delete the actor. if it hits another actor, it deletes, if it hits the wall, it dose not and is left floating there. (i am having this problem too)

Dempski77

Postby Dempski77 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:48 pm

yes its what i mean but cant figure out how to fix the problem.

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:38 pm

if its left sitting there, just add in another trigger : 'when speed=0 -delete/kill actor'

Return to Technical Support Questions