Problems with the Game Resolution on Android Devices

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Ethael

Problems with the Game Resolution on Android Devices

Postby Ethael » Thu May 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi,
i have a problem with my game resolution on android. My 2D RPG is zoomed out when i use my higher resolution android devices. On windows -> 001 Game Creator -> Game Settings i have disabled allow resolution change, and on windows, it works fine. My game resolution is of course for android 800(x)x480(y). I have enabled fullscreen for this game. I think it is a bug, because like i said, it works on Windows fine.
I have made some screenshot's to show you what i mean :)

Screenshot_1.JPG
This is okay.

Screenshot_2.JPG
This is okay, too.

Screenshot_3.png
This is zoomed out. This is the problem i have.

Screenshot_4.png
Zoomed out, too.

Screenshot_5.JPG
And here are the game settings.

Would be really nice if this can be fixed. Thanks in advance ;)

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Problems with the Game Resolution on Android Devices

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri May 26, 2017 3:19 am

This is not a bug. That option does not work on mobile, and there is no way currently to force a resolution on a mobile device using 001.

The default interfaces aren't exactly setup to work on mobile, however, you can tinker with the various sizing options in order to make it work nicer on mobile screens (Or make a custom one).

As for the map sizing, you can use the "Change Zoom" event to force the game to maintain zoom based on screen resolution. To do this, use the "Change Zoom" event, and input this value in the :usevalue: box:
Code: Select all
Screen.SizeY / DEFAULT_Y_SIZE

Replace "DEFAULT_Y_SIZE" with the "Default Resolutions Y Size" of the game. For instance, if you want it to look the same as a game running in 800 x 600 mode, use this:
Code: Select all
Screen.SizeY / 600
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Ethael

Re: Problems with the Game Resolution on Android Devices

Postby Ethael » Sun May 28, 2017 3:15 am

Hi Mr.Numbers and thanks for the solution.
Good to hear that this is not a bug or something like that ;)

Return to Technical Support Questions