Interface; Disable and Auto-Select

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
tridecagon

Interface; Disable and Auto-Select

Postby tridecagon » Wed May 25, 2016 10:36 pm

I decided to take a small PHP game I made once and recreate it in GG. I have been very successful so far, but I do have some minor bumps to get over. First, I have a box with some text and some options. If I use the up/down arrow keys, I can cycle through all options. I want it so that the player has to use the left/right arrows to move over on this specific interface (it's the HUD) because that's where I put the "Quit" and "Restart" options. If this is very difficult or impossible, even, it will be no big deal.

Another thing is that I want certain options disabled. I did write the scripts to enable/disable options. However, I can still select them but I can't activate them. I need it so that, when disabled, the cursor/selector will not be able to choose them.

And also, I don't plan on there being a map, but I'm being forced to chose one to start on. I tried to look at the card game demo, which works how I'd like mine to. I tried to set it up the same way and it's still going to force me to make a map.

*EDIT*
So I am on my way to a final game. I have most of it working and ready to ship. My problems now seem to be that the "Change Active Interface" command likes to mess up. I used it whenever I wanted to show a new interface and they all are set to hide the current active one. Sometimes it will not hide the active interface so I get two different interfaces layered on each other.

Another issue is that the mouse will work on some interfaces but not on others. I need it to work on all that do not require text input.

All the issues from my previous post are still there.
Last edited by tridecagon on Thu May 26, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
I'm not the sharpest fork in the toaster.

Return to Technical Support Questions