Let us talk of the massive children's card game...

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Inxth
001 Forum Master

Let us talk of the massive children's card game...

Postby Inxth » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:59 am

Namely, Yugioh :D LOL I used to play heaps and collect everything (three copies of each movie card, egyptian god cards, etc) but I left that in Indonesia and forgot about the game - mainly because in Australian elementary schools, the game isn't played much. But when I hit high school (that would be the middle school section) I saw a LOT of students playing and I got hooked back into the game >.>

SO yeah. Just discuss and stuff O.o
I'm back, but not in business. Woop woop.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: Let us talk of the massive children's card game...

Postby Zhuge » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Haven't played it since... 2003-4? Had a ton of kick as cards. Now I just remember how expensive it was. :P

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:51 pm

I was too poor to have a large collection of YuGiOh cards :( But it was fun none the less :D

Pokemon was fun too :D
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 am

Reading this makes me want to watch the abridged series on YouTube again :lol:
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

emanresU
001 Fanatic

Location: Not really sure, I think this GPS is broken *sigh* I knew I should have turned left at albuquerque

Postby emanresU » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 am

I loved this but I was so terible :(
I well I have sopio now 8D
To live without dreams is to sleep through life and what a waste that would be.

All things past through day and night
They change as surely as the light
Form may fade they are never gone
In memory they remain ever on

Inxth
001 Forum Master

Postby Inxth » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:47 am

I used to run Gemini's =/ Now I run Psychics =O
I'm back, but not in business. Woop woop.

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:55 am

I had a deck, once. When I was 8. I got nightmares about it, so I just threw the deck away.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:06 pm

I guess pogs don't really count as cards do they?

Raisrviln
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Raisrviln » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:15 am

I like magic. and still play it XD

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:27 am

I loved the game when they released the cards in promo packs and the rules were standard. Your deck can only obtain 40 cards and your life point is 8,000. I remember where everyone knew the cards too. Dark Magician, Blue Eyes White Dragon, etc. I loved how we, the players, can connect to the cards we hold to the ones on the show. It was nice. 8)

Until, the new series complicated the standard rules and destoryed the point system. With the new series, the company released new cards that held a different playing ground, which became awfully unclear to some of the rules. For example, the polygram card (the card that fuses monsters) wasn't needed because other cards had the ability. Also, players were confused about using the polygram card at all when we watch the characters on the show fuse monsters without using the card. Again, I repeat. The game didn't keep certain guidlines or fans didn't know what's standard, so they created their own rules.

Thus, I became contempt with Magic of the Gathering. We have about 75 people where I live who are die hard fans and they host tornaments. The rules and guidlines would be discussed with the judges or normally the experienced players, so complications would cease right away. Plus, they stick to the original catergories: red, blue, green, white, black, etc. Unlike Magic, Yugioh constantly releases new cards that only creates more chaoes. For example, they made a new 'Hero' deck. What am I suppose to do with my old fashion deck that my magic cards only target dragons. Really, I believe it's quite ridiculous.

sonic swordmaster
001 Fanatic

Postby sonic swordmaster » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:01 am

The card rules haven't changed really its that the game shifted more towards effect monsters as time passed and normal monsters like blue eyes white dragon and dark magician don't really cut it on their own. That's why I only put cards like that in my deck when there is a syncro, fusion, or effect monster that requires them as a tribute like Dark Eradicator warlock, or red eyes darkness dragon.

life points are still at 8000 and you have to have a minimum of 40 cards and no more than 60 in your deck. The newer cards have become less broken and more rounded over time which results in less banning over all. most of the cards that are banned are old broken cards that are banned for a reason. Tribe infecting virus is an example, crush card is another one. A lot of cards yugi used on the show are all banned now and for good reason. The Yugioh ban list is the one thing I like a lot better than magic. there are tons of cards in magic that are extremly unfair that deserve to be banned. but most of the cards that are banned make no sense to ban them in magic. The other thing I like better than magic is that in tournements you aren't restricted to a year seires like magic 2010 and up. As long as your cards aren't on the ban list you can use them no matter how old they are.

Personalty I prefer cards that weren't on the show because their effects are unknown to my opponent and they won't be prepared with a simple way to eliminate said card. Cards that are on the show usually end up being giant targets that get destroyed as soon as their played.

I use mostly machines in my deck which is mostly an Ally of justice/Genex deck with a few other machine monster mixed in some familar ones like barrel dragon and perfect machine king. I like to use a negate and destroy strategy. For me the best strategy is ruining my opponents strategy and then overwhelming them with an array of machine type monsters that destroy cards, power up attack and overrun the opponents defenses while guarding my own with magic and trap cards.

Back then the show was inconsistent with the actual rules which did cause confusion for some. I don't really pay attention to the 5D's series often but I know that they are now much more consistent as far as being accurate to the actual rules.

Of course I love magic too but I never have anyone to play against. :(
Dragged down into the ocean of oblivion

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:55 pm

I always kinda hated Yugioh. I never understood it. It was a very difficult game.

I always played Pokemon! :D
Catch em all, sucker!
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

Return to General Discussion