The Ocean's Deep

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Jesse Bangerter
001 Admirer

The Ocean's Deep

Postby Jesse Bangerter » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:13 am

Here are some pics from the new game we've been working on. This is strictly an adventure game, meaning there's no combat at all. It's actually something we've been want to do with this engine for a really long time (the first iteration of it was on RPG Maker 2 for PS2..), but we never knew how to approach it until recently. The game is a long way off from being complete, but we've been working on a lot of the art. The game is completely hand drawn, by one person, for consistency purposes.

The Ocean's Deep is a game in which you play as Douglas Hall, a book collector and freelance journalist. You are on a journey to find a book called "Peace from Etymology," which takes you to the town of New Barron, where the book was last seen.
Attachments
pic od fnc 4.png
pic od fnc 8.png
pic od fnc 7.png
pic od fnc 5.png
pic od fnc 3.png
Last edited by Jesse Bangerter on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Co-founder of Habitat games, and Lead Designer of Galaria Break. Image
http://sickdoghats2.wix.com/habitat-games

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Re: The Ocean's Deep

Postby metomunc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:51 am

Awesome! I've been wanting to play one of these for a long time. Story-driven investigative games are the best (like Dr. Brain or Myst). All investigation instead of destruction. ;) I like the artwork style quite a bit. Are these maps with animated characters and moving things or just still dynamic objects that depict scenes? I'm also curious as to what kind of system your using to go about doing things. Do just select things like "go back," "look," "pick up object" from a list or is there movement involved?
Who should I really listen to?

TheRunner
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby TheRunner » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Looks interesting, cant wait to play it
"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue."

- Albert Einstein

pushpeshranchi
001 Supporter

Postby pushpeshranchi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:20 am

Great man, those screenies look cools....
My name is Jond ,Thames Jond!!!

Your time is up, my time is now(now)
You can't see me, my time is now
It's the franchise, boy I'm shinin' now
You can't see me, my time is now!

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 am

Lookin' pretty neat :).

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:09 pm

The game looks pretty awesome! Great job! I really like your artwork too!

Jesse Bangerter
001 Admirer

Postby Jesse Bangerter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:37 pm

The game will actually involve movement. To give you an idea, it's a lot like Syberia rather than Myst. The pictures above are really close-ups to show off the detail that they have. So if you haven't played Syberia, you probably don't know what we're talking about, but you can always look it up. You'll basically be running around maps, talking to people, and solving puzzles to progress. We really want to avoid fetch quests if at all possible.
Co-founder of Habitat games, and Lead Designer of Galaria Break. Image
http://sickdoghats2.wix.com/habitat-games

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Hmm, sounds even cooler - if it's inspired by Syberia, it has to be good.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:33 am

Mike wrote:Hmm, sounds even cooler - if it's inspired by Syberia, it has to be good.

True that!

So do you have to take pictures of stuff?
Who should I really listen to?

coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Postby coffeennicotine » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:07 am

I can't help but wonder if this game will stay in development. It's a bold undertaking. But, that said, the graphics are evoking and I like them quite a lot myself.. There seems to be a lot of attention to detail as each of the screen-shots make me feel as if everything I see could be important. The more i think about it the more this game looks like it will be worth watching. Keep up the good work! 8)

Next

Return to Games In Progress