Porfirio Meets A Girl (Demo)v.1

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Porfirio Meets A Girl (Demo)v.1

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:09 am

This is a game based on a Puerto-Rican man who dreams of meeting a female celebrity. He is poor, and doesn't get paid that well. He gets his paycheck every two weeks and recieves only $200. Not enough to be 100% independent, but he is confident that things will get better for him. He loves this girl that he's crazy about. I can't say the name because it's a surprise. If I told you, I'd have to kill you! Just kidding! Ha, ha, ha! Anyway, so yeah, I hope you guys have fun...Oh! Wait! I almost forgot to mention, when you get to the restaurant, there's an arcade room and an ATM machine there next to it. The ATM and arcade consoles DO work! Try them out. The arcade consoles are my favorite, especially when you go to try to play them a second time! HO! It's going to be halarious!

So, who is this young, beautiful, cute, and attractive female celebrity that he is desprately in-loved with? Well, ya gotta play the full version to find out!

Reply and tell me what you think after you play the demo. And PLEASE, please, post any suggestions you may have to improve the game. I'm always taking requests and suggestions. So post it, and I'll see what I can do. ;D

Warning: Don't ask me who this famous female celebrity is because I will not tell you! My only response will be, "It's a surprise, wait for the full version, then PM me". ;D

I hope you all enjoy the demo.

**DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A FICTIONABLE GAME WHICH MEANS THIS COMES FROM MY CREATIVE AND WISHFUL MIND AND THINKING.**

I, like thousands of others wish to meet this female celebrity. Not everyone gets to meet her...sadly. :'( :(

EDIT: I apologize for those who found out who the secret celebrity was by reading the description on the game in the game area. That's my fault. :oops: Sorry!

Demo Code: demosarecool44
Last edited by xWar_and_Piecex on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why would dragon keyblade ask dragon keyblade about dragon keyblades avatar and username?

Purchase mugs, t-shirts, and more at: http://www.cafepress.com/WarandPieceEntertainmentShop!

War And Piece Official Logo:

Sam Fisher: Feeling bullet-proof Gordon Freeman?

Gordon Freeman: Oh, shit! Your Fisher aren't you? How did you get in this video game? You're in the wrong video game.

Sam Fisher: No, your in the wrong video game! Look around you!

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Re: Porfirio Meets A Girl (Demo)v.1

Postby Stephen Chapman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:09 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:I , like thousands of others wish to meet this female celebrity. Not everyone gets to meet her...sadly. :'(
So I guess this is based on a true story then. :lol:

The plot sounds like a good start, but at what means does it take him to meet this celebrity? And do you have any screenshots of the game you could possibly share to gain a viewer's attention?

EDIT: Oh by the way, the celebrity isn't much of a secret if you are going to post it in the game description in the Games Section. ;)

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Selena Gomez?

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Bullet9780 wrote:Selena Gomez?

You just had to ruin the surprise, didn't you??

J/k! :P It's my fault for not replacing her name with "celebrity". :oops: Sorry!

Yoda: Mmmm. Ruined the secret he has. How embarrassing...how embarrassing!

Stephen Chapman wrote:
xWar_and_Piecex wrote:I , like thousands of others wish to meet this female celebrity. Not everyone gets to meet her...sadly. :'(
So I guess this is based on a true story then. :lol:

Ha, ha! I wish!

Screenshots are up at the featured games area. I have more here, too:
Attachments
PMAG13.jpg
PMAG12.jpg
PMAG11.jpg
PMAG10.jpg
PMAG09.jpg
PMAG08.jpg
PMAG07.jpg
PMAG06.jpg
Last edited by xWar_and_Piecex on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Why would dragon keyblade ask dragon keyblade about dragon keyblades avatar and username?

Purchase mugs, t-shirts, and more at: http://www.cafepress.com/WarandPieceEntertainmentShop!

Gordon Freeman: Oh, shit! Your Fisher aren't you? How did you get in this video game? You're in the wrong video game.

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:01 pm

It seems a bit...
Weird, isn't it supposed to be about finding a disney celebrity or making mass murders on the way?

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:59 am

Bullet9780 wrote:It seems a bit...
Weird, isn't it supposed to be about finding a disney celebrity or making mass murders on the way?

Ah, so glad you asked. :D Actually, no, it's not about killing people along the way. The violent photos you are witnessing are the photos from the mini-games inside the main game. See? There's an arcade room with two arcade game consoles in it. You could play them if you want but they have blood. There is no such violence (for now) in the actual game...unless I change my mind, but if I do the violence will probably be with just fists. No guns. I mean, it's my game, so I could put guns and all kinds of violence in it, but...we'll see. I'll let you guys know later. Meanwhile...feel free to ask anything you wish of the demo or screenshots. I appreciate the feedback as well.

EDIT: Fixed spelling errors.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:09 am

Played it and it wasn't bad.
The layout of the buildings looks nice. You have good design, but things are a bit spread out and repetative (especially the floors).
The idea is cute. To improve your game you may want to think about this kind of stuff: Make your maps smaller or add running to the game.
Add in some sound effects. Make either more things to do or fewer things to do. For example I went to the bathroom and washed my hands, but nothing became of it. ;)
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:20 am

:lol: :lol: I think that script (of washing hands and using the toilet) was halarious! It's also rather useless. It's a rather pathetic little feature I added. Lol. Oh well. ;) I'm glad you liked it. I will definitely consider your advise with walls, maps, sound effects and etc in my final release of the game. ;)

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Sound effects would help the game alot I think.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Don't worry. When you play the full version you'll be so impressed, you'll say, "This is still "Porfirio Meet's A Girl", right?". ;)

I'm putting this game on hold untill 3D...I might even have to start over the game and send a new demo...in 3D. Yay! :D
Last edited by xWar_and_Piecex on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Next

Return to Games In Progress