The Moon Tear (10/01/11 DEMO LIVE!)

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
aldenorai
001 Admirer

The Moon Tear (10/01/11 DEMO LIVE!)

Postby aldenorai » Sat May 28, 2011 12:36 am

FOLLOW "The Moon Tear" on FACEBOOK
Code: Select all
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Moon-Tear/205717142800246

At last! The First Demo is LIVE!
http://www.engine001.com/games/The+Moon+Tear_1488.htm
NOTE: If you have a SAVE file included in the installation, DO NOT load it. It was a test SAVE that ended up getting packed in with the other data.

What is "The Moon Tear"?

The Moon Tear is a sci-fi fantasy action-RPG written and produced by George R. Powell (me), and also includes my own original music score and rock album. The game itself is set up to have the atmosphere of a 1980's sci-fi adventure film, which has an influence over the dialogue, some visuals, and the music (especially the separate 80's-style rock album I'm producing alongside the game). We (being my partner and I) are also taking some measures to make the Moon Tear universe more immersive by adding online tidbits for the game's followers/fans.

What does "The Moon Tear" feature?
- While using some visual assets from the built-in engine, most terrain graphics are custom-made
- (In post production) Cutscenes will be fully voice-acted.
- 2 original soundtracks: the original musical score, and an 80's style rock album, both produced by George R. Powell
- Two original character concept arts produced by Mars R. Marshall of Studio Mars
- An almost living, breathing world where most objects can be interacted with, and most people will retaliate should they be attacked at random.
- Small side-tasks (like side-quests) for the player to shoot for in order to gain some exclusive items. Also includes "easter eggs".
- Dynamically-lit maps to establish appropriate atmosphere
- Custom HUD and character menu
and more...

STORY SYNOPSIS
When humanity invents a new technology, Atmos, that allows them to convert unlivable planet atmospheres into something that could sustain human life, the human race set out abroad the stars to find new worlds to colonize. In their journey, they find the Kil'Wrea system. Finding that the Kil'Wrea worlds are already inhabited by pointy-eared natives, the Kil'Wreth, the humans move in with a peace treaty offering the Kil'Wreth a home in various camps spread throughout the new human settlements. While some clans complied in order to keep the peace, others - like young Daraelynn's clan - decided to fight for their homes.

At a young age, Daraelynn is forced from his home losing his family in an assault the humans waged against his village. Having been evacuated from his village by means of a small handful of Peace Corp officers, he grew up on the streets of the Taikow District refugee camp on the Kil'Wreth world Aegis 9. Living on the streets hadn't treated Daraelynn kindly as the human race regards the Kil'Wreth as subservient scum, and his means of survival was found in his ability to talk his way in and out of situations and to infiltrate places. When his street friend Div offers him a job with local underworld figure Siggy, Daraelynn finds himself with a very arduous task: to infiltrate Atlas Technologies (the creators of the Atmos machine) and find out what the company is pouring its time and finances into, hoping that it will be of some value to the Black Market.

When Daraelynn befriends the company's acting CEO, Ridael - a fellow Kil'Wreth whose amassed wealth helped him buy his way into the company, he is sent on a company journey to discover the whereabouts of the universe's last intact magical stone: Lamen'Lunarae (translated as "the moon's lament" or "the moon tear"). On this journey, however, Daraelynn learns more about the Kil'Wreth's ancient connection to Earth and the tragedy that will force him into a building continuation of an age-old conflict that will have him torn between his conscience and his hatred for humankind.

-----
MEDIA
-----

-----
IMAGES

In the bar

Daraelynn's currently unfinished original character concept art (by Mars R. Marshall)

FINALIZED Character HUD

---
DEMO
---
Because the game is still within its earliest stages, there will likely not be a demo for quite a while. However, this is where the download will be when one is released.
Last edited by aldenorai on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
- George R. Powell
Music Composer | Screenwriter | Voice Actor

http://www.georgerpowell.com

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: The Moon Tear (5/27/11)

Postby Dunce » Sat May 28, 2011 12:56 am

Pretty interesting stuff you have here. You have the cinematics and music down. Good luck to you.

noeneto123
001 Support

Postby noeneto123 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:30 am

wow, that great game! i'm waiting for this game, it is beautiful! :shock:

K-Pone
001 Forum Master

Postby K-Pone » Sat May 28, 2011 3:41 pm

That game looks pretty good so far
Squatrominati (Lumines Clone) Click Here Image

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 am

Wow, nice, you are taking a very profesional approach to this, and it's turning out great.

aldenorai
001 Admirer

Re: The Moon Tear (6/10/11)

Postby aldenorai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:23 pm

PROGRESS UPDATE: 6/10/11
---

- At the moment, I've completed the area following the opening. The game, altogether, is only several minutes long if you go through the game and follow its paths. However, there is at least several more minutes off the beaten path if you want to wander the Taikow District (which is 90% complete) and just interact with the people and objects for more immersion or just for fun.

- There is a place for you to grind some Lv1-2 experience if you choose to, but it's completely optional. I'm not going to scale the difficulty that high this early if you didn't do it. My one recommendation, though, is to always talk to people or interact with things more than once. I've utilized Once Branches on many things in order to add more interactivity with them, and in some cases, some people will give you useful items if you've talked to them at least more than once.

- Most of my time, since the last update, has been spent going back and refining how things looked and worked earlier. I've added some voice acting (performed by myself and my partner Stephen), and I have quite a few more voice actors handling the other characters that will only appear in the beginning of the game.

PICTURES

The finalized Character Menu.
- George R. Powell
Music Composer | Screenwriter | Voice Actor

http://www.georgerpowell.com

noeneto123
001 Support

Postby noeneto123 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm waiting for this game! :shock:

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:51 am

I'm sold. Great work.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:32 pm

This game = Pure Epic Awesomeness!

Great work! Those videos and screenies are amazing!

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:35 pm

This looks pretty awesome. Not going to lie.

Next

Return to Games In Progress