Oculus is now Project PRIMA. Build 0.0.3.3

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Oculus is now Project PRIMA. Build 0.0.3.3

Postby coffeennicotine » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 am

Updated Sept 9th, 2015

So the Oculus name is no more. For the record I had the original idea before the Oculus Rift. Or maybe I saw it mentioned somewhere and unconsciously used it. Whatever the case, I've changed the name to Project PRIMA. It also gave me an excuse to expand a bit on the game lore. It's a direction I've wanted to take for a long time anyway.
For this posting there's a short game play vid and a little blah blah blah from me. But not too much. It's 2am where I'm at and I need to get to bed. I hope to clean this post up in the next few days or so.

Oculus has been back in the works for a little while; however
there is enough new stuff going on now that it may be worth wasting your time
to read this post. The reasoning for the new thread is that the game has been
so majorly overhauled
; plus it is going to be renamed.

So whats happened since 0.0.2 and 0.0.3.2? Well, everything. Went all the way back to "New Game" and started over again. Major highlights are:

*Native 1680 x 1050 resolution supported as well as lower resolutions. (up from a fixed vertical resolution of 768 in 0.0.2.) Resolutions higher than 1680 x 1050 will be letter-boxed. (May raise this up to 1920 x 1080 in a future build.)

*Major Graphics overhaul. Now using true side view platforming rather then the faux 45degree platforming view of 0.0.2 and earlier versions. 0.0.3.2 also brings in crunchier pixel graphics that have really, imho, brought the game forward. Also don't think the effects that made 0.0.2 interesting will be skimped on in 0.0.3.2
Actual graphic size.

*Melee weapons added.

*Improved development flow. Doing things in a way that lend themselves to getting this game finished. I declared this awhile back, but before 0.0.3.0 too much bad groundwork had been laid. Man is was hard to let that work go.

*Renaming. RESOLVED

*Travel system. How to get to different areas of the game has been on my mind more and more. Either a hub and spoke system or a sort of overhead 3D world-map that could be traversed by vehicle. I think it would be cool if I could lay out the platforming maps so that a player could go on foot from one end of a series of stages to another for whatever reason. (loot, achievements, etc.)

It's late and I have to get some sleep. Been fighting with sprite issues (mostly resolved! :D) for most of the day. That having been said, the game is at a point where I'll be able to spend some time building the world and sharing some stuff with you guys that will be at least a little fun to look at.

Jan 12th, 2015: Epic battle with player sprite run+fire animation playing when it should. Victory was mine. Animation now plays.

Jan 13th, 2015: Started with bullets not firing from holding point in alternate run+fire sprite when triggered. Helps when you populate the shooting animations instead of only the walking animations. Shooting animation populated; holding point set; bullets now firing from holding point.

Jan 15th, 2015: I'd like to say more work will get done on Saturday the 16th, but I don't really expect to have time till Sunday to work on anything new. (The itinerary below is a loose one. Might start playing with tilesets for upcoming stages. There are two I have in mind specifically; if I do anything with them I'll post it.)

Jan 24th, 2015: Major breakthrough with player sprite animation! MUAHAHAHA!

Feb 4th, 2015: More sprite work. Just got done with some great Idle/firing animations. Working (trying) to make player sprite come to life.

Feb 9th, 2015: Even MORE sprite work. Player sprite is 95% done; which is the big push right now. Just a good ducking animation and an idle animation for while she's ducked and that's it. I feel like it should be/could be done by tonight or tomorrow. If the present momentum is maintained then 0.0.3.3 should be out by the end of February. <--(lol, this..)

Mar 19th, 2015: Man, over a month! Re-worked jumping while firing animations and totally revamped the way hair moves anytime when in mid air; I'm a lot happier about those things now... Other than that (it was a lot more work than I thought it'd be) We're still where we were Feb 9th. But again, the improved animations are worth it.

Sept 9th, 2015: Oculus/Project PRIMA Update 0.0.3.3 IS HERE! You know... finally.

Upcoming 9/9/2015 ___________________________________________

Plans concerning 0.0.3.4 Update + Demo
Last edited by coffeennicotine on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 am, edited 8 times in total.

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: [Oculus] is back AGAIN. *Will be renaming*

Postby evergreen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:11 am

I remember being blown away by this game/title/series of alphas in 2008. Every demo and screenshot has been ridiculously good, I wish i had your patience and dedication. If a finished product comes out i'm sure it will be jaw dropping.
Game Coming Soon. Click Here to read about it.

Aliengear

Re: [Oculus] is back AGAIN. *Will be renaming*

Postby Aliengear » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:19 am

Yeah,I thought this game was a fan made game from Oculus Rift,and I also thought this game was a horror game. I think renaming is a good idea.You had many of good own-maked resources, so,I can't be patient again to test your game.

coffeennicotine
001 Fanatic

Re: Oculus is now Project PRIMA. Build 0.0.3.3

Postby coffeennicotine » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:28 am

heyHEY! Only seven months late! Not too shabby.
I'm pretty sure I said I'd be to this point around March or so. What is it now? September?

So I finally committed the name change. And thus it will remain. Oculus is now Project PRIMA.

Version 0.0.3.3 is here! I'll clean up the front page and this post as well as go over whats new in 0.0.3.3 soon; and when I say 'soon' I mean hopefully not my usual ridiculous amount of time.

There's also the game play video below. It isn't the video I want up ideally, but it is recent. I'm in the process of putting together a 'Version Trailer' that will actually be polished. There are a number of anomalies present in the video below, but I really wanted something to show you all; so go easy on me.

The game begins in this stage, the Ancient Hub at the End Of Time. The frame rate
of the vid is a tad slow, but I wouldn't say choppy. Vid is 720p.
You'll want to watch it fullscreen of course.

I remember being blown away by this game/title/series of alphas in 2008. Every demo and screenshot has been ridiculously good, I wish i had your patience and dedication. If a finished product comes out i'm sure it will be jaw dropping.

Thanks Evergreen. We've been here and at this for awhile now, haven't we? 2008? That's crazy.
Oculus/Project PRIMA is still 100% in production. What's happening now is I'm getting ALL the effects, sprites, animations and other assets ready for a short-ish section of the same stage in the video (But larger than the section actually in the video.) for the Demo and Version Trailers respectively.

Yeah,I thought this game was a fan made game from Oculus Rift,and I also thought this game was a horror game. I think renaming is a good idea.You had many of good own-maked resources, so,I can't be patient again to test your game.

Yeah. the Oculus name had become confusing and a distraction. I really hope everyone likes the demo when it comes out in 0.0.3.4.

Return to Games In Progress