Twilight Pendent [Demo I]

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
serrafina
001 Forum Master

Twilight Pendent [Demo I]

Postby serrafina » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Type: Action/Adventure
Genre: Sci-fi/Comedy
Party: [Consist of 1-3]
Rated: T
Completion: .15%

The Synposis

Lyndis Jacobs wrote:
    "When my eyes were open,
    Everything seemed out of place.
    But when I close my eyes,
    My existence--woke up.
    "

Waking up to an existence where reality seems to morphs and transcends, Lyndis "Lyn" Jacobs feels more alienated and disconnected within the world. For a brink moment, Lyn heard thousands of shattered glass burst and a screeching halt as she clung onto a rail in an empty compartment,until a bright light silenced the disordered and obliterated the material objects along with her. Seized by the train whistle, her brown eyes opened and stared at a ceiling until she heard someone ringing the chimes from a distance, beckoning for departure. Getting up, something rolled down her shirt and fell on the carpet.

Picking up the object by its metal chain, Lyn examines the abstract pendent--having golden and silver thorn-like coils to branch over a dark sphere. Keeping the object within her hand, her eyes gaze at the unpentrated glass windows. Getting up, she then placed the item within a pocket of her green pants. She gripped the handle then saw a mystical version of her hand attempting to open the lock door. When she stopped envisioning the scene, she opened the compartment door.

After leaving the incident on a train cart, she stepped off the train and read a nearby sign, "Welcome to Underground City." Perplexed by a broad name for a city, Lyn glanced around for what she thought was once a railroad train station became a metro-station. More confused, Lyn ran up a flock of stairs before being surrounded by lit-up skyscrapers and a dark sky. Perhaps, it was night, but she was riding a train in the morning a minute ago. However, Lyn didn't have the time to contemplate on her thoughts. When she turned around, her thoughts dissipated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Lyn struggled in her new surroundings, students possessed strange and mystical endowments, dangerous and religious organizations schemed ungodly destruction, and forbidden secrets dwell beneath ruins. As the President of Twilight School, Lyn and her close comrades named Den McCloud and Allen Nelson must prevail against their powerful foes, while Lyn determines whether this alternative universe is real or not.

The Contaganist Groups

However, powerful organizations intervene and sought for the truth of the Twilight School and its history. In order to uncover the three mystical deities, the leader of each organization will abduct, manipulate, and deceive the twilight students.

There is the French Pei're's Squad who work for the experimental and engineering organization called Vermillion. A band of a four-man cell that contains three disable squad members. One of them can't see, or hear, or speak. Pei're is in charge of finding out the truth for the French secret agency.

Another group is called the "Eclipse". They're a dark group who wears dark clothing. A rumor is they are vampires seeking members for their band. This shady group lives in somewhere outskirts of Subway City and Underground City...in a haunted manor.

The third party is the "Morning Royals", mostly made up by very rich teens with lots of high goals. They believe that everything should be light as white. The group is expanding fast and yet they still seek some 'powerful' members from Twilight School.

On the fartherest ends of the world, the last people who are seeking the truth of the Twilight School are the four elemental guardians. The four has one of the powers among fire, water, earth, and air. Then again, nobody has ever laid eyes on these four users.

These are the little daemons you face. Not Demons, daemons.

Sound Features:

1. Opening "Overture of Dreams":
    This track will feature a piano and a light brass symphony in the background. Melody will be light and whimsical like an innocent child longing for a journey. This tune should be slow and gentle at the beginning then quickly ascend moderately fast at the middle. Ending should eventually tie to the beginning.

2. Lyn's Theme:
    This track will feature a cheery and gentle mood. Use anything to inspire a rhythm. Go for a moderate beat on this tune.

3. Twilight School:(Removed link due to games section rules.) Composed by: Kevin MacLeod
    This track will feature a military mood where the brass assembly and the low background of drums intercede. Think of the preparations of battle and the quick swings between falling and near defeat. The tempo will be moderately average. This track will be used for the maps on Twilight School where Lyn and her classmates study in a renovated fortress to train their endow powers.

4. Shut Down: "In A HeartBeat"(Removed link due to games section rules.) Composed by: Kevin MacLeod
    This track will feature electronic beats. This techno music will be fast beat to create an adrenaline to attack nearby enemies or rush against the time. Basically, this music will signify that it is fighting time.

More about the Gameplay:

Players will see facial portraits when players interact with different characters or event messages.

Main Characters:
    Lyn Jacobs; Strength//Allen Nelson; Explosions//Den McCloud; See through//Richard Nicolai Brothel; Speed
    ImageImageImageImage

Minor Characters:
    Priscilla Farmington; Hypnosis//Jaffar Robinson; Copy//Christina Sealey; Emotions//Katy Carmen; Illusions
    ImageImageImageImage
    Peter Duce Gordon; Stones//Roxas Washington; Healing//Loretta Lewis; Lights//Britini Bradford; Barriers
    ImageImageImageImage
    Iesha Peacock; Fly//Travis Kingston; Read Minds//Ethan Riley; Invisible//Soichiro Okinawa; Magnetism
    ImageImageImageImage
    Mi Zhang; Stickiness//Jose Serrano; Spirits//Shiro; Alter Change//Devon Alexander; Location
    ImageImageImageImage
    Matthew Foster; Predict Future//Vangrad Funicious Llyod DiHeiragold; Electricity//Kenneth Wright; Super Sonic Waves//Meagan Durance; Telekinisis
    Rebecca Keene; Gender Change //Sandra Parker; Immunity//Greg; Dreams

Monsters/Enemies:

This game features various foes, which will require some strategy during certain events or combat. Players should expect using certain equipment such as using Lyn's bracelets in fighting elemental monsters, or block certain destructive powers with the party's special techniques. Once these adversaries are defeated, players will receive different rewards that range from collectible artifacts or money to important key items.

Daemons ----- 0%
    [Fire] Daemons ------- 0%
    [Water] Daemons ----- 0%
    [Air] Daemons -------- 0%
    [Earth] Daemons ----- 0%
    [Flying] Daemons ------ 0%
    [Large] Daemons ------ 0%

Maps:

Players should expect interactive maps. Meaning, these areas will test the player's capabilities by using the map's setting in order to progress. Zelda exemplifies this by lighting up certain torches to open lock doors. Although this game won't revolve around torches, it does force you to press certain keys on your key board or a point of the mouse during a time frame to trigger events. But, this game contains more ideas and methods then what this short message implies.

Additionally, each setting is customize and use different lighting to emphasize a certain mood or atmosphere.

Twilight School ----- 23% (1st Demo)
    Undergound City ----- 0% (2nd Demo)
    Subway City ----- 0%
    Medusa's Manor (Eclispe) ----- 0%
    Endless World (Club) ----- 0%
    Vermillion HQ ----- 0%
    Fire Temple ----- 0%
    Water Temple ----- 0%
    Wind Temple ----- 0%
    Earth Temple ------ 0%
    Morning Royals's HQ ------ 0%
    Castle in the Sky ------- 0%

Missions:
There are several missions to do that deals without the storyline. Drop by the student council room where Richard is and talk to him. He'll give missions that go way off where you'll normally explore. Plus some missions will have you protect something or someone, investigate cases, do unlawful stuff [drinking], stop organizations, or just merely deliver items. It allows you to also pick certain members in your team that you don't see often.

More to come....

HuD:

After revising this game a couple of times, I decided to intergrate a different form of interface or menu option based upon on world. Players will now use a cell phone to access information and provide useful features like the CELL COM that enables players to receive or contact certain characters or a GPS to navigate through maps.

Time --------------- N/A
    Fight Arena---------N/A
    +Health Bar ----- N/A
    +MP Bar ----------N/A
    Reward Page ------ N/A
    Character Menu -----N/A
    +Map ------------- N/A
    +Status ---------- N/A
    +Equipment ------- N/a
    +CELL COM ------- N/A
    +Items ---------- N/A
    +Missions--------N/A
    +Collections -----N/A

Collections: [20]

Photos ----- 0%
    Cell Phones ----- 0%
    Skate Boards ----- 0%
    Songs ------ 0%
    [4] Dreams -------- 0%

Items:

Code: Select all
Health Orbs---------100%
     -Mini Orbs--------100%
     -Tiny Orb---------100%
Power Orb------------100%
     -Mini Orbs---------100%
     -Tiny Orb----------100%
Special Orbs (Sp)------100%
     -Mini Orbs---------100%
     -Tiny Orb----------100%
Experience Orb [EX]----100%
     -Mini Orbs----------100%
     -Tiny Orb---------100%
Blood Return----------100%
Anti-Virus Elite--------100%
Anti-Chill Virus--------100%
Anti-Burn Virus--------100%
Anti-Poison Virus------100%
Anti-Stone Virus-------100%
Explosions-------------100%
Other Items------------N/A

Equipments:

Along the journey, Lyn will discover special artifacts or equipments that could perish enemies easier or navigate through different levels at ease. However, players must be caution in using them because the wrong items might create a disadvantage that could paralyze you long enough for enemies to kill.

Golden Bracelet-------100%
    Fire Bracelet----------100%
    Water Bracelet--------100%
    Earth Bracelet--------100%
    Air Bracelet-----------100%
    etc...-------N/A

News/Developement:

Support:

In order for this project to grow, it sometimes requires moral support from its fans. Please post artworks or write comments in this topic in order for this project to expand, even tell your friends about it! Again, this project needs you! Therefore, thank you for the wonderful opportunity to satisfy your gaming needs!

Credits:

Ammohead213, Ardor, C0c1, Coffeenicotine, Deedsami, Dunce, Evergreen, Fireleaf, Hell Blade, K-Pone, Kevin MacLeod, Lord Cohailai, Mike, MIV, Metomunc, Mr. Numbers, reaper560, StarBeef, Shadowwarrior, Tabula Rasa, Versa, and RPGKing

Screenshots:
Attachments
3rd Floor.png
Principal Gus.png
Last edited by serrafina on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 82 times in total.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: Twilight Pendent

Postby Dunce » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:09 pm

Yes! Once I saw your picture, I thought to myself, "self this person should make a game", and here it is! Good luck it sounds great! I hope you have tons of custom resources!

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:14 pm

Yay, it's my pal! Yeah... :( Right now, I just started to make the game. However, I'm horrible with this script thing and variable stuff.

-------------------------------[Fan Section: Artwork/Testimonies]------------------------------------------------

Artwork:

None are available.

Testimonies:

None are available.
Last edited by serrafina on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:18 pm

Its alright, you'll get used to it. I have have been with 001 a while and still don't fully understand the variables thing.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:29 pm

sounds good, ever need some script help check out 1 of the 3 tuts on the forums, lees text guides, my vid guid or my text guide

any other help just post, theres about 5 of us here really good at scripting

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:31 pm

I'm interested in this vid guid of yours. Can I make one as well for the game?

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:34 pm

make like a tut?
or a tralior that shows the game? basic software, but does the job fine, btw, tuts are in begginers forum
hypercam

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 pm

An opening trailor, I mean. That will be really awesome!

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:47 pm

someone did it somewhere and the computer effects they did in windows movie maker, was pretty cool

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:58 am

Can we please avoid the frivolous use of colour in posts. I've seen it used properly elsewhere in the forum, but making an entire thread in a different colour merely makes it difficult to read.

Next

Return to Games In Progress