Fallout001(Updated 3/13/09)

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
cptkrush
001 Admirer

Fallout001(Updated 3/13/09)

Postby cptkrush » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:56 pm

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I've been playing a lot of Fallout 3 lately and have decided to make my first game fallout themed, with fallout001 being a working title. Now i don't have an exact story yet, but you start in a vault, then the vault is opened from the outside, and people come in and annihilate everyone but you, you then decide to leave and figure out wtf just happened. I wanted to work on gameplay first, story later, to get things out of the way. The first thing i tried to do was make the interface and Jumpsuit

Things to come include:
Everything else that needs to be in a successful game....
custom art
more than one level
a story
etc....

feel free to make suggestions on what i should add, or if you have something you'd like to contribute let me know. :)

Updated:
Still working on the same room :roll: but things are coming along nicely, whew, custom resources are a pain.
Attached are some screens of a bed and its variants, seems boring, but it is an important piece of vault furniture. ;)

Update:
3/9/2009
Completely revamped SPECIAL with the new version, it is all done with arrows and there are little pictures and explanations now.
SPECIALEditScreen.png
Editing the new SPECIAL

SPECIALScreen.png
No points distributed, Strength selected.

SPECIALScreen2.png
All points distributed, Agility selected.

Update:
3/13/2009
I have finished drawing a rough map for the game, all locations are not final and i'm taking suggestions on placement. Each square is a 20x20 map, this size may increase to 40x40 in the future. I have drawn each square on graph paper from A1 to A10 down to each tile and including all npc locations and doors. I have translated one drawing(excluding characters), A1, into Map001. Work on A2-A10 will begin tonight and finish up tomorrow. If anyone is wondering why no super mutant camps or ghoul caves are included, it's because i have future plans for those enemy types, maybe for an after release map expansion. I know for sure I will be adding Area 51 to the north of the Brotherhood of Steel Base after im finished with the core game.
Map.jpg
Early Rendition ///=Major Deathclaw area places with caves on
them signify the existence of a cave.

A1screenshot.jpg
Cell A-1 of the Nevada Wasteland
Attachments
bed.png
Vault-Tec standard issue Bed
bedmessy.png
Unmade Bed
bedbloody.png
Bloody Bed
Last edited by cptkrush on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Visit Cptkrush'sStudios
Currently working on Fallout001:
Scripting: 35%
Resources: 08%
Maps: 10%
Story: 75%

fdu5526
001 Admirer

Re: Fallout001

Postby fdu5526 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 pm

wow, beautiful HUD :D

cptkrush
001 Admirer

Postby cptkrush » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Thank you, it took a few hours to get everything right and learn how to make the health little notches and ammo the same, im working on the compass right now, but im not sure how to get it to work like the one in fallout 3
Visit Cptkrush'sStudios

fdu5526
001 Admirer

Postby fdu5526 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:45 pm

I was thinking when will someone make a 001 fallout game. but dont copy fallout 3 completely, make some customs, so that your game can be original instead of just "a copy of fallout 3" ;)

cptkrush
001 Admirer

Postby cptkrush » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:09 pm

yeah, i know that, i honestly was going into this with a whole new set of ideas, i just really like the Fallout 3 HuD and the way it starts, after that however, i'm going to do it from scratch. Things that im going to keep outside of this will probably be the looting system, if i can figure out how to do it, and computers, they are a nice feature.

So the compass idea, i don't really know how i would do that, so if anyone could give me a head start or some ideas, that would be awesome. :)
Visit Cptkrush'sStudios

miroki123
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby miroki123 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:13 pm

I tried starting a fallout-based game two years ago with this engine. Back in the day we had only 1% of what 001 has today.. :lol: So I didn't get too far with it.
Anyway, you should start with the story and then go for gameplay. A good story is the base for a good game.
The fallout world is fascinating, you should google it and read the story. I don't know about Fallout 3, but Fallout 1 and 2 are definetely great games.
If you haven't tried out yet, check out my full game Voyage for Vengeance.
If you did but you're stuck, don't worry, there's a walkthrough available!

For those about to rock, we salute you.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:20 pm

the HUD kind of looks plain to me.

miroki123 wrote:Anyway, you should start with the story and then go for gameplay. A good story is the base for a good game.

Exactly

I've never played any fallout games

cptkrush
001 Admirer

Postby cptkrush » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:27 pm

From what i have been told, fallout 3 is not a true fallout game as far as story and gameplay go, my older sister used to play fallout and fallout 2 all the time, so i knew about the gameplay part. But i definitely intend to learn up on my lore so it can be true to the series, but i wanted to figure out gameplay first so i knew i could do it before i tried writing an epic trilogy of games(Not that i plan on making three, i just tend to take things to their extremes). But so far so good, im going to pick up again tomorrow and then run a monday, thursday, friday, sunday schedule for as long as it takes to make this beast.

And to Hellblade, the HuD is supposed to be plain, example

//Just a note to self:
Sunday-Monday: Art and Planning
Thursday-Friday: Levels and Story Progression
Every Other Saturday: Whatever i feel like doing.
//End of note.
Visit Cptkrush'sStudios

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:23 am

[quote="cptkrush"]From what i have been told, fallout 3 is not a true fallout game as far as story and gameplay go, my older sister used to play fallout and fallout 2 all the time, so i knew about the gameplay part.
[quote]
I'm a pretty huge Fallout 1 fan. I love that game. Fallout 3... aint bad.
DOOF

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:22 am

The HUD looks good. I'm sure the game will be good as well. 8)
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Next

Return to Games In Progress