Portraits

Discussion pertaining to resources, stories/characters and gameplay ideas in this forum dedicated to games that are just a faint glow.
Forum rules
Do not create a topic offering to produce resources. Click here for the reason.

Please use above resources section of site so everyone can have access to the resources you create.
evs
001 Admirer

Portraits

Postby evs » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:06 am

im making protraits.. ill make a thread to show some if you dont mind

3.6.png

pretty much a cheating way to paint, but i made the model im tracing over anyway.. so theres no-one to complain. ~ gotta come up with some better techniques for the hair textures, bot 3D and 2D i think.
Attachments
3.6.png
Last edited by evs on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Lucifiend
001 Subscriber

Re: Portraits

Postby Lucifiend » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:07 pm

I think the right most character looks the least traced-over-CG-ish. I think its something about cell shaded 3D models that just looks off a bit, which the middle character seems to be holding onto some of those traits. It's probably that you dropped the outlines around the that helped. I think you've been staring at the hair too long, because it looks fine with the rest of the style.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:15 am

Definitely the right most is my favorite. You should try coloring the outline on the body similar to what you did with the hair (Using a darker shade of the color its touching rather than black) it might give it a much more natural look!
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:51 am

really? ok thanks guyss. actually i was just thinking ill just use the basic renders for ingame.. they dont look much better painted anyway and it takes time.. theyre fun though

bit of a different style..
Engin_Akyurek_zpsibwvubtb3.png

1.5.png
1.5.png (52 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

Soldier3SWIP 8 C8Bm1 Framed.png
Soldier3SWIP 8 C8Bm1 Framed.png (21.44 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

Return to Resource, Story and Level Design